Today i received request from customer to add Hit counter on SharePoint site homepage.
Let's go through how to insert "Hit Counter"
1. SharePoint Designer Open Site and Page that you need insert "Hit Counter"
2. Open Page in Edit Mode and place the cursor where you want to insert the hit counter.
3. Go to Insert - Web Component
4. Select Hit counter and System display different types styles that readily available.
5. Click on Finish, system will open the below Hit Counter Properties window
6. To start the counter on given number Select Reset counter to option and give number to star.
7. Once you click OK, The counter will be inserted to your page.
8. Preview on Web browser and start refresh your page the counter will increase count.