I am very happy know that SharePoint guru Joel visited by Blog and posted link on his blog 10 Tips Troubleshooting Installations for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Foundation.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Processors : Intel® CoreTM i3, i5 Dual Core Processors
Operating System : Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-Bit
8GB 1066MHz DDR3, 2 DIMM slots
Mobile Intel® HM57 Express Chipset
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Nvidia® Geforce® 310M, 512MB Graphics Display
14.0" High Definition Wide LED Anti-Glare Display
Thursday, May 20, 2010
To test SharePoint 2010 i Installed VirtualBox and downloaded SharePoint 2010 IW extract the file (CRC check issue refer to my previous post). The big surprise to me that the VirtualBox allow me attach VHD as hard disk. Refer below screen shots how to add Virtual Hard disk.
After Windows appear system may prompt you to activate Windows 2008 R2 server you to extend 180 day’s trail you need re-arm. As per Microsoft site
“Re-arming, after a 10 day period after which they will shut down after 2 hours of continuous operation. To "re-arm" the Virtual Machines use the shortcut provided under Start > All Programs > re-arm > Re-arm Windows (restart required). This will reset the grace period for 10 days. This can be done twice. In order to activate Windows you must add a second network card to each VM in Hyper-V and connect it to the Internet. Once connected you can activate Windows within the Virtual Machine and the VM will run for 180 days.”
SharePoint 2010 running on VirtualBox
Note : After Re-arming unable to Activate Office applications….
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Recently i download the 2010 Information Worker Demonstration and Evaluation Virtual Machine (RTM) when try to extract WinRAR prompt me that CRC failed in 2010-7b\Virtual Hard Disk\2010-7b.vhd
On download page stated that If you encounter an CRC error while unpacking the VMs please check your download using these SFV files & then re-download the files that were corrupted.
To check SFV file i downloaded the http://www.traction-software.co.uk/SFVChecker/
File open and select SFV file and Press Re-Check the system will check let you the error “Checksum” and re-download that file and extract the VM.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Randall's announce the launch of the SharePoint 2010 Developer Center!
- Getting Started videos and downloads
- Advanced Developer Training videos and downloads
- What’s New for Developers
- Upgrade Resources for Developers
- Developer Downloads,
- Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Developer Best Practices
- Business Connectivity Services and
- Excel Services
For developer documentation and resources visit : http://msdn.microsoft.com/sharepoint
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Microsoft release two Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V Virtual Machine set for evaluating and demonstrating Office 2010, SharePoint 2010 and Project Server 2010.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Evaluation Edition x64, running as an Active Directory Domain Controller for the “CONTOSO.COM” domain with DNS and WINS
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition with Analysis, Notification, and Reporting Services
- Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 R2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Web Applications
- Microsoft FAST Search for SharePoint 2010
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Visio 2010
- Microsoft Project 2010
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Evaluation Edition x64, joined to the “CONTOSO.COM” domain
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Active directory has been preconfigured over 200 “demo” users with metadata in an organizational structure. All of these user profiles have been imported and indexed for search within SharePoint Server 2010.
SharePoint Server 2010 has been configured in a “Complete” farm using the default SQL Server 2008 R2 instance. A default site has been created using the Team Site template at http://intranet.contoso.com/ and a FAST Search Center at http://intranet.contoso.com/search/.
As shipped virtual machine “a” requires image “b” for email. Running image "b" is optional.